Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can I use Naval Jelly to remove rust inside of my oil pan, wash it w/ water and WD40, w/o hurting the engine?

Yes you can.





Or you can sand it, or even have it media blasted.Can I use Naval Jelly to remove rust inside of my oil pan, wash it w/ water and WD40, w/o hurting the engine?
Pete, You didn't mention which year make and model of car you have but I'm betting it's a Ford. Their stamped steel oil pans ar noted to rust from the outside in very easily. Replace it before it fails completely costing you an engine.Can I use Naval Jelly to remove rust inside of my oil pan, wash it w/ water and WD40, w/o hurting the engine?
1. How did you get rust on the inside of your oil pan?





2. Just wire brush it off and then fill it with oil. It's not going to rust when it's covered with oil.
It got out in the rain ? Safety glasses a drill and a stiff wire


wheel.
youe better off buying a new oil pan but if not spray some PB buster on it and whipe it off good.

No comments:

Post a Comment