Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do I make my washing machine stop filling up with water?

I have a whirlpool washing machine and it is only about two years old. this winter the water pipe to it froze and ever since then, when I start to do a load of laundry, I have to manually turn the control to make it stop filling up with water. NOT just to change cycle, but to make the water stop pouring in. It would otherwise just pour over, I guess. Please help.How do I make my washing machine stop filling up with water?
it has a clear water pressure tube that runs up to a pressure switch this determines how high water fills to when u set dial to half or full load .the clear tube has ever fallen off or the switch is had it as machine is only 2 years old i would think hose has fallen off as this happened to mine at that age ,before refitting tube i put a bit of silicone around it to stop it coming off again because the first time it did it came off about a week later.How do I make my washing machine stop filling up with water?
Hi, you have something holding your fill valve open. It's gotten through the screen filters. So it will need to be replaced. Maybe if you had to repair some pipes, some solder may have made it to the fill valve. They are usually under $30. Just give them your model #.
Hello Nurse:





This is a job for the professional repair person. The controls were damaged when the water froze. Call the pro.
it has water pressure tube and pressure switch.change both.
faulty valves are not closing, consult company support.
change the fill valve

No comments:

Post a Comment