Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can you get washing machines that heat their own water?

My washing machine takes in hot water and cold water, whereas my dishwasher takes in cold water and heats it up to the required temperature. Since I have a temperamental hot water supply this sometimes means my clothes are washed in cold water.





Does such a thing exist as a washing machine that takes in cold water and heats it up itself to the required temperature?





Please don't just say 'get your hot water fixed'. I really want to know about washing machines... makes and models would be fab!Can you get washing machines that heat their own water?
Most washing machines these days have only cold water fill and the water heats to the temp. you want. I bought a Indesit with a cold water fill. If you are viewing machines on the web check the details of the machine to see if it is a cold water fillCan you get washing machines that heat their own water?
yes my Hotpoint does
Where have you been, they all do, Hoover, Hotpoint, Philips, Bendix, Zanussi, Bosch etc etc.
Just disconnect the red pipe to the washing machine. It will then take in only cold and heat it to whatever temperature you have set.
All washing machines (yours included) are able to heat their own water. Connect both the inlet hoses to the cold water supply (you will need a 'Y' connector available from plumbers merchants and places like B%26amp;Q) and the machine will heat the water, however, the wash cycle will take longer to finish.





All new washing machines are now cold fill only.





Hope this helps
Most new washing machines heat their own water now!





I've had my Indesit washer for about a year and it has a cold water inlet only!
I think most of them do....
Our Ariston Margherita washing machine heats the water from cold unless you select the hottest wash option. If you do a 30 or 40 degree wash, you should get a cold fill.
All modern machines take in both Hot and Cold water.





The Cold water is heated to whatever temperature you want your 'smalls' washed at by setting the 'wash cycle'.
yes i have a Bosch washing machine and its cold fill and heats up the water you would think for the 499 pounds i paid for it it would be a hot and cold fill but alas its cold fill only lol my machine is a bosch classixx 1400 express
Yes most of the new washing machines now have only a cold inlet pipe I have a hotpoint and it only has a cold inlet pipe.


My father -in - law has a beko washing machine which he bought a couple of weeks ago and that only has cold inlet aswell .


most of the washing powders now wash better at a lower temp so you don't need to have the hot inlet.
in europe every washing mashine heats up the water itself and the laundry mashines too.
we have a hotpoint one that just cold fill it is fab saves energy and less lime scale would'nt get hot and cold again
Hi there, just before christmas my washing machine packed in so I was recommended to get a Zanussi which I did for around 拢250. Can check on make and model and get back to you but it heats its own water, I know this for a fact because it only has a cold water inlet pipe. Its a great machine, best machine I've had in about 14 years and I've been through 4 (I'm jinxed). Hope this helps!
my sister in law has just had a washing machine from argos the cheapest is all she could buy with her money and that only has a cold water inlet and heats the water up at the necessary temperature
yeah! there all over the place over in California, US If you have a Sears near you you can get one there.
When you go for your machine just tell them that you want coldfill.
All new washing machines use cold water only they have 1 water connection and heat the water themselves. It prevents putting too hot water in the machine.
All washing machines in the UK heat their own water, most, if not all are now cold fill only anyway. It's more energy efficient.
all washing machines now have hot and cold in lets , so if you have heated water it will use it and mix it with cold to get the desired temp , if not it will heat it up

No comments:

Post a Comment