Thursday, December 24, 2009

When I wash my makeup brush, i get this bluish water from the brush.?

I have a mineral makeup brush from physician's formula, and Peter Thomas Roth.


I washed them with a soap and when I rinsed them at first, i only saw the color of the make up and then the second time, it was this dark bluish water.


i'm thinking. maybe because it's a synthetic brush?


Is this what happends when you wash a cheap brush?


I wonder where that bluish water came from.When I wash my makeup brush, i get this bluish water from the brush.?
If your brush is black the bluish stuff is most likely the dye that is coming off of your brush hairs not the actual make up- since you are doing a second wash. To get a uniform black color in any brush esp natural they have to dye it. I have both synthetic and natural hair brushes and the ones that does this the most are the natural hair ones. I don't think this has anything to do with the quality of the brush- the most expensive ( and favorite ) brush I have does this time to time.When I wash my makeup brush, i get this bluish water from the brush.?
yes probably so . Invest in an expensive brush I have one and I was it every application i use it . Still works like its brand new. and the bristles stay the way they were when i bought it. that also goes for any of your eye shadow brushes forget the ones they give you with the compartment shadows when you buy them you need to invest in your own set of brushes. and there are many for all differnt angles of the eye. take short cuts it will show. and they also will clump up and get sharp on your face not smooth so again skip the cheap stuff. its your face buy something of quality
that typically only happens when there is old makeup that hasn't been completely washed out that shows up after a couple more washes - any chance that anyone else could have used that brush besides you????
I am a Makeup Artist.





Makeup brushes can harbor lots of dirt and bacteria, but frequent washing of your makeup brushes can keep them - and your face - clean and healthy.








Whether you have synthetic brushes or those made of hair, cleaning them is simple. First things first: eliminate excess buildup ahead of time by removing extra makeup from the brush with a piece of tissue after each use. Then, to thoroughly clean it, place the bristles in warm water and wash with a dime-sized amount of your regular shampoo or makeup brush cleaner. Rinse the brushes out several times to make sure all the cleaning solution is gone. Then, squeeze out the water with your fingers and reshape the brush head. Allow the brush to air dry by laying it flat, with the bristles over the sink basin. (Standing the brushes up to dry may damage the handle as water leaks down, and will soften the brush adhesive holding the bristles in place.) After six months to a year, or whenever your brushes start looking frayed, you may want to replace them.

No comments:

Post a Comment