Thursday, December 24, 2009

I asked if I should wash the meat, I meant rinse with cold water.?

Jst wanted to clear that up lolI asked if I should wash the meat, I meant rinse with cold water.?
I wash poultry and fish, but then pat dry with paper towels right afterwards..beef I don't...poultry and seafood is notorius for having surface bacteria on it, which a good rinse washes this away..I asked if I should wash the meat, I meant rinse with cold water.?
Definately always rinse poultry with cold water - it really doesn't matter if you used warm water since its probably going right into the pan, but if your washing your chicken and then storing it (ex: marinade), cold water :) The only issue with warm water is that it raises the temperature of the meat and allows for bacterial production if the meat sits out after that. I never rinse my steaks, but you can, it won't hurt them but it will rinse away any surface blood that would be more tasty if left to simmer in the pan.
I have always heard to rinse it to get any bone dust off of it. I never do it, though.
i agree with knowitall...

No comments:

Post a Comment