Thursday, December 24, 2009

A water well washed out completely under my house?

my dad owns this old house that was built in the late 1800 or early 1900's. the well is right behind the house but the last guy who went down in it said it was washed out completely all around and to never send anyone else back down there. is there anything i can do to fix this, iam worried my land will cave in. also doesthis bring my property value down?A water well washed out completely under my house?
You really need to abandon this well and have a new one drilled. I have been in well pits like this. A safety harness is always a must when entering a pit well for that reason. You need to have the pump removed, well filled with chips, top pulled off the pit and filled with sand.This well is very dangerous the way it is. If you have a new well already, it is illegal to leave it the way it is.A water well washed out completely under my house?
It sounds like you need to abandon your existing well and fill it with sand. Don't use dirt, because it won't compact properly. Sand with a little bit of water will settle in the hole and firm up the walls of your well.

No comments:

Post a Comment