Thursday, December 24, 2009

The hot water trickles for my washing machine. When I open up the hot water valve all the way, the water shuts?

off completely. Any suggestions on what is wrong?The hot water trickles for my washing machine. When I open up the hot water valve all the way, the water shuts?
I would first make sure you are turning the valve the correct way. Then unplug washer, get a small bucket,turn hot water valve off.


Pull washer out away from the wall, take some adjustable pliers and unhook the hot water hose from the back of the washing machine, drop the end of the hose in the bucket to drain any water out. Take a small screwdriver and pry out the stainless steel sediment screen that is in the hot water inlet on the washer. Make sure you clean it out good with vinegar and an old toothbrush (this is the screen you took out). Now slow open and close the hot water valve while holding the hose either in the bucket or over the open lid on the washing machine.


Open and close the hot water valve several times to dislodge anything that might be stuck in the valve. If you see that hot water is running full stream now, shut hot water valve off and reinsert the screen and attach the hose.


Plug in washing machine and see if hot water is running in at a good flow now. Push washer back in place.


I am on well water and I was constantly pulling out the washer to clean out the sediment screens on both hot and cold water inlet at the back of the washer. I finally just removed the screens (2 yrs ago), I have not had any trouble with the washer as the screens are gone and water flows at full stream in the washer.


What particles used to be stopped by the sediment screen seam to just flow right through the washer pump and into the washer tub, it never was a lot it just accumulated over a couple of months which forced me to pull the washer out and clean the sediment filter.


If this does not work than I think you have a possible problem in the relay that opens the hot water valve in the washer or possibly the valve itself.The hot water trickles for my washing machine. When I open up the hot water valve all the way, the water shuts?
take the hose off of the washer and see if water flows freely out of the hose also ckeck the screens on where the hose screws on the washer if niether of these is a problem your washer has a bad inlet valve
The valve has a problem and needs to be rebuilt or replaced. This will mean you have to shut off water to the whole house. It would probably be wise to call a plumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment