Sunday, December 20, 2009

Is washing dishes in cold water effective?

Haven't had gas in about 6 months, (which means no hot water.) Is doing them in cold water cleaning them, more than just physicallyIs washing dishes in cold water effective?
Yes. It will be fine as long as your detergent is capable of removing oily/greasy substances. Warm water works better with grease, but you can make it work.





Using hot water to ';clean'; is easier but it doesn't actually kill germs or anything. If the water was hot enough to kill germs, you wouldn't be able to tolerate the heat long enough to wash the dishes.





Now if you are talking about a dishwasher machine, the water is hot enough to do some germ killing.





Just use an antibacterial detergent. You'll make it through.





Oh, one more thing...do you have an electric stove or microwave?





If so, you can heat some water to wash with if it makes you more comfortable.Is washing dishes in cold water effective?
I went through a time where I went without gas all I did was use one of my pans to boil water and got it boiling hot then I added a little soap to it, ran cold water to make it go through the water and cool it enough to touch. I wouldn't trust cold water because hot water kills germs that cold water has no way of killing. Also try boiling water in pans for an easy clean on stuck on food.
No, it is not hygienic. Can you not boil up some water in the kettle or microwave? Be careful with the boiling water though. Good luck. Hope you get your gas connected soon.
NO IT AINT


IT VONT REMOVE STAINS


NEIN TO THE STAINS!





UND I GOT STAINS///STAINS UND STAINS././WHAT STAINS I GOT





I NEED A CLEANSER THAT KLEENS...UND BLEACHES MINE STAIN





I OPT FOR BLEACH!





YES BLEACH!





BLEACH, I SAY!





CHLOROX BLEACH IS A HEALER
  • camcorders
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment