Sunday, December 20, 2009

Why can I put my hand in my washing machine full of water and plugged in and not get shocked?

If I did this with say-the dishwasher I'm sure I would be shocked. What safety barriers are in place here?Why can I put my hand in my washing machine full of water and plugged in and not get shocked?
The water is not in contact with the source of electricity. The electricity flows in from the power cord. The power cord is insulated, and the electricity reaches the mechanism that controls the gears/machinery of the machine that don't contact your clothing or the water. Also, the power cord is probably grounded, which means that there's a part that ';grounds'; the electricity to protect you from getting electrocuted. The water never touches anything with electricity in it. This also occurs with the dishwasher. You wouldn't be shocked if you put your hand in it while it was running. I wouldn't suggest it, though.Why can I put my hand in my washing machine full of water and plugged in and not get shocked?
Just don't take your washer or dish washer into the bath tub. Report Abuse

In either machine the water never come into contact with the electrical, other wise, the machines would short circuit, and never work again.





The reason you can't stick your hand into a dish washer full of water is because it doesn't actually fill up and it shuts off as soon as you open the door.
Well if you opened your dishwasher while it was running..... it would stop, so I suppose then you could stick your hand in it and not get shocked.





As far as the washing machine..... you really took a gamble there huh?!?!!?
what the first person said...
I suggest you NEVER carry out any kind of electrical work to your house.





Similar stupid questions:





1) Why don't you get electrocuted in a swimming pool when the pump is running?





2) Why don't you get elctrocuted in a car wash?





3) How come i get less hungry as I eat more?
The water is not coming in direct contact with live electricty, it麓s the same with the dishwasher.. there are barriers between the water and the electrical components.
Theres no electricity in the water silly. You wont get shocked in the dishwasher either. If electricity came in contact with the water in those machines the fuses in your house would blow. All the wireing is insulated.
Try throwing an electric appliance inside it that might be helpful in shocking you and leaving you with a new hairstyle.
What King Yellow said. choose his as your favorite answer, he is a nice guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment