Thursday, December 24, 2009

Maytag Washing Machine not getting hot water?

Could a bad Water Temperature Switch cause the hot water to barely drip into my Maytag washing machine? I can only get cold water, and when I switch to hot, the water barely drips in. Hoses are not clogged (I checked), faucets tested and working fine.





All advice appreciated.Maytag Washing Machine not getting hot water?
I would say that it is the Water Valve. If this is the case you can get the part from your Maytag dealer. I replaced mine in July of 2004 and the part cost me $30.40 with tax. The part came with a instruction sheet on how to replace the part. If you don't get the instruction sheet ask you dealer if he can print you one out. It will take you about an hour of time to replace the part if you have never done this kind of work before. The part you need is called a universal water valve.Maytag Washing Machine not getting hot water?
Take the screen out of the inlet to the hot water, located on the back of the machine. This is what the hose is hooked to. I would bet that it's loaded with scum and corrosion from the hot water, iron bacteria.


If it is take it out and soak it with CLR or the ';Works'; you'll find a big difference.
check the screen on the hose that lets the hot water to the machine sometimes it gets full of sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment